ARTISAN WHIMSY! http://artisanwhimsy.ning.com/
BOTTOM LINE: YOU NEED TO JOIN.
But maybe you're saying, "Oh, those NINGS are great but they take some navigating; I belong to a lot of online groups already." Or you might be thinking, "Oh, I'm such a newbie, how would I fit into a group like that where people have so many skills already?"
It's true....you'll need to scope out a little bit of time, half an hour to an hour to join, set up your page and upload some photos of things you do. But it's FUN!! and worth your time. Here are ten reasons I thought of just right off the bat why it's worth your effort:
1. It's a meeting place for LEARNING. If you are serious about expanding horizons, you will find people of like mind. Many of them have not been at their craft all that long, but because they were SERIOUS about it, they moved ahead quickly. If you are serious about learning, you will, too....at Artisan Whimsy.
2. Many cool ways YOU can participate and share what you do! It's easy to load your photos, too! I try to load a few every day or two.
3. Support is tremendous. Everyone at Artisan Whimsy is into learning new things.
4. As the 'brainchild' of Melinda Orr, Karen Totten, and Marla James, this NING network was planned for months. Teams were selected to keep the blog posts and tutorials rolling in CONSTANTLY.
5. It's not a place where you will get lost and lose time just chit-chatting. Every team is clearly marked and you can go to read about new ideas and techniques as well as discuss them.
6. There will be LIVE online classes at Artisan Whimsy. They are being discussed RIGHT NOW and will begin soon!
7. The community so far is comprised of members of the Creative Bead Chat group at Facebook. There are over 1,200 there. I have SO MUCH enjoyed being part of that group because its members want to learn, want to share, and keep to the business of business. Everyone has been friendly and professional. No one is made to feel small because they are new to a technique or haven't tried it before.
8. The networking is serious! While there is a Happy Hour group chat room, it is a small part of Artisan Whimsy. At Artisan Whimsy, everyone plays fair, everything is done fairly, advertising is allowed but must be paid advertising....so you won't be walking into a bunch of spam.
9. There are Artisan Whimsy group Pinterest Boards, and you get your OWN personal page where you can tell about what you do, add your links and LOTS of pix of your work.
10. So far there are 21 teams: metal, clay, jewelry designers, learning center, ceramic clay, wirewrap just to name a few. Here's a link so you can see them:
You know what? There are really SO MANY MORE! reasons than just these ten to join! Would you like to do work like this?
This is Autumn in Paris from Lori Finney, a group member. Or how about this Ceramic Fall Color Necklace from Keirsten Giles?
I would LOVE to do this. I wonder if you couldn't adapt somehow and use polymer clay?
Here's a conglomerate photo of work done by those on the metal team. Bet you can guess which photo is mine!
There are several more members of the team, too. Here's a post that tells about just the metal team:
I could sit here all day uploading photos, but that's not necessary.....just come on over and you can watch the photo roll on the home page for yourself. Grab a cup of joe, come on, join us.
You will be SO glad you did! Get in on the GROUND FLOOR of something WONDERFUL!