December not only commences the last month of 2015....but the beginning of a new challenge at the B'sue Boutiques Creative Group
This is our VERY FIRST judged challenge!
As always there will be a small gift randomly drawn early in January from among all the participants, and this is a gift for participation. That is what we have always done.
BUT....somewhere toward the end of the week, the B'sue Boutiques Design Team and I will select a winner, sort of like 'best in show'.....the one we feel hit the marks and stood out the most.
WHAT ARE THE "MARKS" ?
1. Mixed Metals Mania is quite 'wide-open'. You can design any sort of jewelry that you want, but we will not accept a single pair of earrings, no matter how over the top, as a submission. Your piece does not have to be elaborate but it needs to be either a STATEMENT PIECE or a SET OF JEWELRY: earrings-brooch earrings-necklace earrings-bracelet, etc.
2. Used mixed plated metals in the composition, and we do need to see the use of products from B'sue Boutiques in your design. You may of course fill in with things from your own stash of mixed media jewelry making goodies, and the items used from B'sue Boutiques do not have to be recent purchases. Mix up silverware silverplate with old rose ox and then, add a touch of gold. Or do gold with brass ox and mix in a little matte black. Matte black is not really a metal shade, but you can ease some in, it's okay. Or go with rusty black and copper for a firey, earthy look!
Here's a little inspiration.....see how good a little bling will look with it? Our lovely Preciosa brand rhinestone chain will do the trick, along with some stones from your stash or our website!
You can also mix in beads, polymer clay, pops of color via stones, so many ways to go. But your piece must feature plated metals.
3. VERY IMPORATANT FOR ALL OUR CHALLENGES....clear photos that are bright and easily seen. Please submit on white backgrounds with little or no staging. For me, this establishes an equal playing field for the judges. None of us will be drawn in because you have staged a lovely, well composed photo. We want to see the PIECE, front and back, perhaps several views....so.....
4. NOT mandatory but highly recommended: sometime during the month, when you finish your composition for the challenge, MAKE A PHOTO COLLAGE of your different views. To learn to make collages fast and easy: http://www.picmonkey.com
Another good photo editor online is Picassa, very popular, but you have to download it.
There are several online services that cater to IPAD and cell phone use, as well. Feel free to ask about it on the Creative Group at Facebook.
5. ONLY ONE SUBMISSION PER ARTIST may be pinned to the Pinterest Challenge Board for this Challenge. If you have more than one, put the others on the regular group board, but select which piece you would like to be JUDGED by putting it on the Challenge Board.
Our regular group board where all your work may be posted is here:
All submissions must be labeled MIXED METALS MANIA and must be pinned. The only pinners must be members of the B'sue Boutiques Creative Group at Facebook
So come and join our group! There is sure to be a lot of inspiring buzz at the Group, there always is.
Please be sure you label your photo and get it pinned before midnight January 2, 2015. I'm going over a couple of days because of the holiday.
The random winner for participation will be announced Sunday, January 3. The judged winner will be selected ASAP the week of January 3. The winner will be announced at the Creative Group at Facebook and also in the B'sue Boutiques newsletter.
The winner of the judged contest wins a lovely gift of B'sue goodies hand-packed by B'sue as well as a 25.00 gift certificate. This will be paid out to the winner via 500 points placed into their account at B'sue Boutiques
500 points is a $25.00 MY REWARDS cash out, so the points will be waiting in their account ready to use with no expiration, no code to remember, whenever they are ready to use them.
Again the judges of this competition are the members of the B'sue Boutiques Design Team and while they may participate by creating a design, as judges they will not be eligible to win.
I know December is a BUSY month, but again: your design doesn't have to be intricate or over the top.
We are looking for innovative, clever, wearable designs and well-lit photos----featuring MIXED METALS.
You might want to begin by thinking about what sort of customer you would want to buy your piece, and then create the piece for that imaginary person. You could develop a whole persona for your 'Muse'. Think about what colors they'd wear, the color of their hair and eyes, their age, their style. Once you have someone real or imaginary in mind.....it could even be a celebrity Muse!....it will be easier to create.
GO FOR IT! Let's see what you do with MIXED METALS MANIA!